No application can, or should do all things for everyone. MyPaints scope is intentionally limited, as described here. But in order to facilitate MyPaints usefulness in workflows that go beyond, or is different from this scope, good integration and utilities are needed. The use of the OpenRaster file format is one of the things that will hopefully make such usage easier, but it is by far everything we can do.
This is a brainstorming page, a place for new ideas and suggestions.|
To contribute, please follow the these guidelines and help us keeping the wiki organized.
- use .gpl files for persistence of color palettes
- possibly include them in the .ora file - will need to be standardized
- find a way to allow external compatible tools to alter these while MyPaint is running??
- tools for extracting and cropping the output of .ora files?
- Create a plugin to use brush function of Mypaint in GIMP
- Perhaps there are things that could benefit from a plug-in architecture?
- Be able to "refresh" the current file. So that one can change the file in a another program (say GIMP), then hit "refresh" in MyPaint to bring up that changed file. In GIMP I think the reverse can be done as a plugin.
- .TIFF file format support would be great as tiff is whats called a lossless image format (jpg is lossy as it uses compression)
 In progress